There are countless stories in Michigan Medicine, and our team is here to tell them.
We are writers, editors and media relations specialists who help promote research, experts and new initiatives at Michigan Medicine. We can help you determine the best vehicle to share your news with journalists, internal groups and social media communities.
Whether you’re a news reporter who needs expert comments for a breaking story or a researcher with scientific findings that warrant news coverage, our team can help.
- Media outreach and tipsheets for selected Michigan Medicine news. (Members of the media may visit our newsroom for more information on specific services provided to media)
- Video/audio and photos/graphics for selected stories.
- Assist news reporters with identifying sources and experts within our institution who may be interviewed for coverage of any topic in health, medicine and biomedical science.
- Support for video or photography shoots in any of our facilities (In order to ensure HIPAA compliance, our institution requires all media or film crew members be escorted on site by a Dept. of Communication representative)
- Help promote our experts, programs, research and services through blogs and social media.
- Assistance in arranging live interviews with Michigan Medicine faculty and staff via U-M’s broadcast-quality ISDN line or the U-M satellite TV facility.
- Coordination with the U-M News Service and U-M Office of Public Affairs on cross-campus news and issues.
- Help promote events, announcements, changes in employee benefits and other news catered to our internal audience via internal communication channels such as Health System Headlines.